Wednesday, August 26, 2015

From England to Uganda!

"But blessed is she who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.
She will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.

She does not fear when heat comes, her leaves are always green.
She has no worries in a year of drought, and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17: 7-8

After a year of being apart, I've been reunited with my amazing partner in ministry, Abbi, at her home off the coast of England!

I thank God for this extended transition period of getting used to being away from my most familiar home in New York...yet I know God is preparing our hearts for a new kind of home and community in Uganda. 

Tonight a group of Abbi's closest friends and family gathered together to worship and pray as we prepare to leave for Uganda in 10 days time.

As friends laid hands over our heads and spoke encouraging words over our hearts, I felt an unshakeable peace sweep over me. God lovingly assured me that His presence is upon us, His Spirit anoints every step of our journey, and He knows exactly what He is doing. 

Several friends have informed us that Abbi and I will be like the "trees planted by the water" in Jeremiah 17. Daughters of God bearing fresh fruit to the children and families around us. Bringing the Joy of heaven to the school and orphanage where we work, even during times of drought (hard times). In Uganda as it is in heaven. 

While England itself is an unknown country to me, I've been feeling quite at home here. I am learning to access full joy and peace wherever in the world He has me, because home is not only in NYC or Uganda, but home is wherever Jesus is. And He has made His home in me. 



PRAYER NEEDS
  • Abbi and I depart for Uganda on September 4th from London. We each have an extra bag and overweight luggage, along with a guitar and folding wheelchair. Please pray for favor at the airport that all our luggage will be accepted. Pray for safe arrival of all equipment to Uganda (including Abbi and myself! ;)
  • Abbi and I are attending a Christian conference in England called Momentum for 5 days this coming week. Pray that God will reveal more of His love for us as we seek Him together, and that our hearts will be opened to hear from heaven. 
  • Abbi and I have temporary housing once we arrive to Uganda but are currently searching for a permanent home in which we can settle and begin fostering Tasha, one of the orphans of Ekisa. Pray for a smooth house-hunting process and peace as we settle into our home. 
  • Pray for protection against malaria and other diseases, so that we can teach our new students and minister to others well, rather than be stuck at home feeling ill. 
  • Pray that Abbi and I will feel at home in our new surroundings/community and that we will form deep relationships with our students/co-workers/one another. 
  • Pray for our hearts to remain focused on Jesus so that we may be ever-filled with joy, childlike faith, and strength to love the ones He places before us. 
  • Praise God with me that He has provided nearly double the funding ($19,000) I had originally asked for and that He has made it so clear to Abbi and I that we are exactly where He wants us to be! 

Thank you for your prayers, which mean more to me than anything! I am blessed and encouraged by your love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment